Since 2007, ORTEGA have been exploring the murky depths of humanity’s longing for the horizon. Perilous courses which drag carcasses ashore, sojourns that tell of the bells that chime on the sands below, collisions of doom, sludge and noise that tell tales of abyssal mankind.
Now, “Sacred States” is the first glance upwards. But whereas the depths below are finite, the chasms above ridicule every human attempt to realise itself. Whether he looks above or inside, the void remains. The tentative grasps into the great unknown will never hold anything but pain, and ORTEGA recount every step into the understanding of this fate that we turn away from more often than not. The hollow is here.
Recorded by John Bart van der Wal (Aborted/Herder) and mastered by James Plotkin.
Featuring contributions by Gnaw Their Tongues and Ethan Lee McCarthy of Primitive Man fame.
Sacred States is a collaborative effort between Consouling Sounds (CD), Narshardaa Records (Vinyl) and Tartarus Records (Cassette).
Facts and Figures
- Press info: download here
- 100 copies on multicolored splatter Vinyl
- 100 copies on clear Vinyl
- 300 copies on black Vinyl
- All Vinyl on 180gr.
- 10 test pressings were made
- Full-colour and heavy gatefold jacket
- Includes Download Code
- Release Date: 5. October 2016
- Repress: May 2017 = 100 copies on clear w/black & green w/purple Vinyl